Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Acer Tablet Develop & Market Smartphones in China

BEIJING - Acer is known to have formed a business unit of mobile devices specifically for the Chinese territory. This is expected to increase the share of hardware vendors in the market tablets and smartphones continues to grow in the Bamboo Curtain country.

Last April, Acer did reorganizing the operation of its products and establish Touch Business Group, which focus on developing mobile devices. Now, Acer decided to form a Business Group Special Touch to regions in China has great market potential. Network World reported on Tuesday (19/07/2011).

At the business unit, Acer entrust leadership to Dave Chan seats, which incidentally is a former executive of Hewlett-Packard.

Based on data from research firm Gartner, Acer is the third largest PC manufacturer in China with a market share of 9.2 percent. But the contribution of Acer in tablet and smartphone market is still very small.

In fact, last year's successful smartphone sales in China reached 60 million units. Unfortunately, Acer's sales are still too small so that the research firm Analysys International has chosen not to mengkalkulasikannya.

Currently, Nokia is still the leader in the smartphone market with a share of 22 percent Chinese. While competitor Acer, Lenovo, recorded 4.2 percent market share.

On the tablet market, Apple (78 percent) were still dominant thanks to its phenomenal iPad. Samsung and other tablet manufacturers to share 'the rest' market share of 22 percent.


Post a Comment

Flag Counter

free counters